Hi I'm Sarah....I am a Snooze-aholic, I have slept in ALL week and skipped every single one of my workouts.
All together now.... Welcome Sarah!
I AM NOT A MORNING PERSON!!!!!
Never have been...I wait until the last second I need to get up and then rush around to get us ready and out the door.
And I hate it!
I would LOVE to be one of those mom's that rises before her children and has had breakfast and has time to sit down on the couch and drink some coffee and watch the news in the morning.
Seriously you women who can do this....even though I don't understand you...I'm jealous you can do that!
I'm kind of weird about it too...because I CAN get up early if I have to. Remember this summer I was getting up at 4:30am! to run with my BFF or sister...I did it. It's like knowing that someone was going to be at my door soon had me jump out of bed.
Not sure how feasible that is to have someone come show up at my door every morning at 5am.
Even on the weekends...I rarely sleep in. Honestly! The sun is up and I'm up even if I went to bed at after midnight I'm up for the day. But why during the week can't I do it??
For example...last night I was in bed at 8pm. Honestly, I was exhausted after Miss H went to bed, and I put a movie on in bed (I know bad habit there) and I only remember seeing the first 15 minutes of the movie and then I was out....so I'd say I was for sure out by 8:30pm...so one would think it would be no problem to get up at 5am to go to the gym.
I hit the snooze button all the way until 6:15am.
wow did I just admit that...that's kind of embarrassing
And I'm being honest here...I really want to be a morning person. I know that when I get up earlier it just makes my day feel so much better. I'm in control of the day and setting my family up for the best way possible for them to also have a great day. At least that's what I envision instead of me yelling for Miss H to hurry up and get dressed cause we GOTTA GO SISTA!
I mean I honestly would LOVE to be able to make my daughter a hot breakfast in the morning....there are so many reasons why I should get up out of bed in the morning!
This morning I got to work and opened my good friend...Mr Google. And this is the article I found...
According to this article, I need to find my normal internal clock and I need to reset my internal clock.
1. I need to plan to get 8 hours of sleep a night, so if I want up at 4:30-5am to run in the morning, that means bedtime at 8:30-9pm. WOW, that's a lot different than I do now, going to bed at 10pm was doing good I thought.
2. Need to have a regular schedule, no sleeping in on the weekends, it's gotta be consistent every day...ok I'd agree with that.
3. Create a relaxing sleeping atmosphere: Start preparing for bed 30 minutes before hand.
1. Take a hot bath (won't argue there!)
2. Jot down things on mind in a diary/journal
3. Meditate on relaxing your body (if you say so)
4. Put your alarm clock away from your bedside so you actually have to get up out of bed to turn it off. hmmm...I've been known to climb right back bed...
5. Get outside of the house within 10 minutes of waking up....I agree this works because by the time I get to the gym I feel great already.
Sounds like a good plan...and I WANT to be a morning person. Just going to take some adjusting to but I can do it right???
Any suggestions to give me from you awesome morning people???
Wish me luck!!