That's some crazy stuff there ya'll. I have a 7 year old?!?! How the heck that has happened, I'm not sure. Literally just this past weekend I was picturing her at the age of 2 or 3 years old...and then BOOM...she's 7???
It's not fair I tell ya!
In my house...birthdays are a BIG deal. Probably part of that is because my mom always made them a big deal but I've kind of taken them to the next level.
And why shouldn't I?? Miss H's birthday is my Mama - versary (ya know...anniversary but with mama in the beginning...just incase you missed that...I probably would too).
Miss H's birthday is PACKED FULL of traditions that I started on her very first birthday. It amazes me that Miss H remembers them ALL. If I try to skip one...she remembers. Which honestly...that tells me that I've done it right!
So here they are....Miss H's Birthday traditions.
1. Starts the day before...where I bake cupcakes and a treat to bring into school. This part I dread and normally I am EXHAUSTED for some reason on this day.
2. Hide cupcakes from Miss H and decorate after she goes to bed.
3. Take off work to spend the day with her, bring her to school, have lunch with her, pick her up from school etc.
4. Wake her up on the morning of her birthday singing happy birthday to her with a cupcake and candle lite in it. She LOVES this...and so do I. I tried to record me doing this, this year and I about dropped the cupcake and burned my house down doing so...so the video was worthless.
5. She gets to eat the cupcake first thing in the morning....it's her day...why not start your day off with a cupcake?!?!
6. She gets to open a present from me...it's always an outfit she gets to wear for her birthday.
7. I make her breakfast...eggs and french toast were her request this year.
8. Take pictures of her new outfit and see how much she has grown!
|OMG is she cute??!!?!|
|Word to the wise....take a picture of your child in front of something that you will be able to look back and see how much they have grown! |
The picture on the left is her last year on her 6th birthday...she's grown a ton!!
9. Take her to school, have lunch with her and celebrate her birthday with her friends.
10. We go out to dinner, where ever she wants for her birthday...to end the day.
|Went to Logan's of all places...she's obsessed with that place....because she has a friend named Logan. ha! I love this age!|
And that is it. Lots of hugs and kisses and a few happy tears and it's a great day! Done exactly the same every year...and I don't think I'll ever stop. I love that little girl more than anything in this world....and someday when she's grown...I want her to be able to look back on her birthday and realize how important that day is...not just for her...but for her mom and how much it means to have her in my life. I am so blessed!!